Cotton Flannel (for Castor Oil Packs)
Cotton Flannel (for Castor Oil Packs)
Castor Oil Pack Instructions:
For best results, use with Dr. Buttler's Organic Castor Oil.
How does it work?
When castor oil is applied to the body and covered with a flannel, the hypothesis is the oil penetrates through the skin and begins to influence the circulation of lymphatic fluid within tissues. It is through this effect that hard to reach internal waste becomes mobilized and eliminated. The utilization of castor oil packs may help create a shift towards a greater state of wellness.
When first starting castor oil packs, it is best to apply a small amount to an area of your body to test how your body will respond to the topical application.
How to test a topical response to castor oil*- apply oil to a 2"x 2" area of the body (arm is best) without addition of flannel, leave oil on the area for 45 min. Watch for a rash as this can be a cleansing reaction or a potential allergy response. You may also notice that you get flu-like symptoms which indicates a wellness response. If this occurs, discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner.
DISCLAIMER: The flannel will discolor. break down and become saturated with use. Protect surrounding fabric from the oil and staining by wearing an old shirt/sweatshirt or cover with a towel to provide a barrier. Oil will stain your fabric.
CAUTION: For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not apply to any open wounds or cuts. Discontinue use and contact a doctor if skin irritation occurs. Do not use while pregnant. Keep out of reach of children.
*Always consult your health care professional before starting to ensure this is a right choice for you.
Cotton Flannel, 20" x 59"
-Unbleached, Natural Cotton-
-Specifically Designed for Use as Castor Oil Packs-
-May be used in other areas around the body-
-Comes in a Reusable Storage Bag-
-To be used with castor oil for castor oil pack therapy-
Instructions For Use:
- Prepare 2 layers of flannel- cut the cloth into two layers, ideally one long piece that is folded in half. The size of the flannel can be cut smaller or larger depending upon the area and size of the body you are looking to support. For added benefit, consider using 3 layers. You may also fold the flannel in half or cut it into longer pieces in order to wrap the area of the body you are focusing on and tuck it in on itself. Do not wrap it tight.
- Apply castor oil directly to the targeted area to thinly cover the skin.
- Then apply the prepared flannel over the area. You may then use a towel or supportive wrap to help hold the flannel in place, or tuck the flannel into itself. When applying to the neck, consider using a light scarf to hold it in place.
- The pack is generally left in place for 45-90 minutes. Castor oil packs are best applied after 6pm due to the circadian rhythm and its influence on lymphatic circulation. They are most effective when applied at rest rather than when we are up and active. Consider focusing on conscious breathing while using castor oil packs.
- Dry skin brush the body before using your castor oil pack for best results .
- Cleaning skin after use- Use a washcloth and apply a small amount of non-toxic soap to clean the area.
- Flannel should be swapped out for a new one every 30-60 days depending on use.
Frequency of use- When first starting, skip days in between to observe how you respond. After you observe your response, you can change the frequency. Some people will choose to add more days and length of time and some will choose to do less. Always check with your doctor and have a discussion about adding in a new wellness plan.
Start slow and low- when first starting castor oil packs, begin with a small amount of oil (4"x4" area) and use for a short period of time (5 min). Observe how you respond. Discontinue use and contact a doctor if skin irritation occurs.